Friday, January 15, 2016

RELATIONSHIP REFLECTION

Relationships/partnerships are important to me because it is the bridge that helps link together two or more individuals who may share the same interests or aspiring to reach similar goals. Developing a relationship or partnership with another individual can also help to understand the other person and build a bond that has the ability to last a lifetime. There are people in my life whom I have relationships with in different ways and they are all very special and important to me.




Pictured here, is a photo of my fiancé and I. we have been together four years. Along with our relationship, we share a partnership as active parents in the life of our one year old son. From the moment we began dating, we share many interest and had similar goals in life, which led to our lasting relationship. Although there are times where we may disagree with one another and the tedious times that come with working, going to school and raising a toddler, we always remember the reason we got together in the beginning and always find alternatives to help solve our differences to benefit the both of us <3











Here is a photo of my best friend & I. We have been friends for ten years now. My best friend & I met in 2005 during our freshman year at Mississippi Valley State University & have been friends every since. The relationship that my best friend and I share is founded on the friendship we have and we support each other as much as possible. Always have and always will. During our undergraduate years in college, my best friend & I were very close because we had so much in common. Even now with our own children, busy schedules, responsibilities & 45 mile distance, we always contact one another, make visits & make sure that one another are doing okay. Having a friend like her is a very positive aspect of my life with the fact of knowing that I have someone that has my back & I can call a true friend.



Lastly, here is a photo of my son and I, his name is Khalil. I share a relationship/partnership with him because I am his parent and he is my child. My job is to see that Khalil is well taken care of with food, clothing, shelter and many other necessities. It is also my job to develop a secure attachment with Khalil, so that he can always feel comfortable, safe and loved be me. Although his father plays the same role as well as I. it is good that Khalil has relationships with both parents. I actually love the bond that I have with my Son. concerning myself with his well-being, makes my life worth living even more. 


My experience with relationships and partnerships can impact my work as an effective early childhood professional due to the fact that I have gained the ability to build relationships with individuals in many ways whether they are children or family members of children. I am able to provide moral support, lend encouraging words and respect decisions of others. I may even be able to help an individual consider a decision to make a better impact on their lives. having positive relationships with people promotes positive effects.




10 comments:

  1. It sounds like you have very special relationships in your life, thank you for sharing them. I thought this statement you wrote was a perfect way to describe relationships, "Relationships/partnerships are important to me because it is the bridge that helps link together two or more individuals"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your post and learning about your special relationships. I agree with Chris about your meaning of relationships. It is a perfect way to describe relationships. You also made me realize how our relationships help us create new relationships in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful pictures Diedra!! It is so awesome to have those relationships. Each person provides you with something a little different than the next, but they all have your love and admiration. Relationships are so wonderful. I enjoyed reading your response.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Diedra!

    Awesome post and nice pic's, too!. You provided some wonderful thoughts about meaningful relationships and how each one truly affects our lives. As part of our makeup as we continue to grow, our relationships become part of us. We are like a puzzle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Diedra!
    I enjoyed reading your post and also viewing your pics. You are so right, relationships are very important because they do provide that link between others. Forming relationships are important because they allow us to learn and grow from one another. Having relationships with the ones we care about is so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diedra,
    Thank you for sharing your most important relationships! I really enjoyed your pictures and I see that you like wearing matching outfits! My daughter and I dress alike often, its so fun. You made some very great points about the effects of positive relationships. You can learn so much about how to help other people from things you go through with certain people in your life. I remember when I used to ask why am I going through this and someone told me that it may not be for you, it may be so you can help someone else later on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post, positive relationships are very important to we way shape our lives and those that surround us. There are lessons within every relationship at that how we learn from one another!

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post, positive relationships are very important to we way shape our lives and those that surround us. There are lessons within every relationship at that how we learn from one another!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi!!
    I really enjoyed reading about the relationships present in your life. It seems they are filled with much love and prosperity. I think its great that you are setting a strong example for your child!

    -Art

    ReplyDelete