Friday, August 19, 2016

Professional Hopes and Goals

 

   When I think about working with children and families who come from diverse backgrounds, I hope to have received the knowledge on how to successfully cater to the needs of the child and family as of assisting in proper educational support in the classroom and developing a strong relationship with the family create a sense of comfort for them and being able to join together to better help meet the needs of the child.
         One goal I would like to set for the early childhood field related to issues of diversity, equity, and social justice is to learn how to reduce negative attitudes and responses that create unintentional forms if bias and create a more colorful classroom that in no displays any exceptional of children and families of diverse backgrounds, better-yet, making them more of a priority.
      
        I would like to say thank you to all of my colleagues that I have gotten the chance to work with in this course. From having the chance to take in the many insights you have shared in your discussions and having the chance to give tips and ideas to one another… Thank you!! It has been a pleasure to work with all of you, and I hope to see you all in our next glass. Good luck on your educational journey J


5 comments:

  1. Diedra,

    Thank you for your post. I agree with your desire to develop a strong relationship with families and make them feel comfortable about you educating their children. I believe that idea is the foundation for the climate of your classroom.

    I appreciate your well wishes. We have had so many classes together and it has been great working with you. I hope we will get to meet in person one day. As always good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diedra,

    Like you, I agree that we should aim for an anti-bias classroom environment. I have enjoyed reading your posts as well as your blogs throughout the several classes we have been in together. I wish you well on your early childhood journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diedra,I wish you all the happiness on your journey in the early childhood field I have learned so much from you and thank you we may have a class next semester good luck Jackie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diedra,
    Thanks for supporting me in my learning by posting on my blog. I appreciate the feedback. Hope to see you in the next class. Good luck in your continuing journey

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you all ladies!! this means so much to me. Although I did not comment on some of you guys blog this last week. I hope you all come and view my bog and see that you all are appreciated as well. This was a very exciting course for me and you all and others have made it worth-while.. I wish you all the best of luck throughout your journey and hope to work with each and everyone of you again :)

    ReplyDelete