Saturday, September 3, 2016

Someone who demonstrates competent communication

Michelle Obama
 
I chose First Lady, Michelle Obama as one who exhibits competent communication. Throughout eight years of President Obama's Presidential term, I have grown a love Mrs. Obama and the support she provides for her husband as he leads our country. From listening to the many speeches of Mrs. Obama and understanding how she shows a deep devotion to her country by the context in her communication when speaking to Americans, sending encouraging messages to U.S. citizens, from children to senior citizens. I am still in Awe just to known that Mrs. Obama visited my very own home state of Mississippi and spoke to the 2015 graduating class of Jackson State University, sending powerful messages to students who were in route to pursue their dreams. This particular behavior exhibited by Mrs. Obama makes her effective in my opinion.  I would want to model some of my own communication behaviors after Mrs. Obama, being that she has served as an advocate for poverty awareness and healthy eating to reduce obesity in America. As I am an aspiring Early childhood professional, practicing advocacy is one of my professional goals. to see how Mrs. Obama serves as an advocate and fosters for children and families, while acting as a role-model for women, I am truly inspired by the competence in First Lady Obama's communication.

References:

https://youtu.be/4ZNWYqDU948








4 comments:

  1. Hi Diedra

    I agree Mrs. Obama is a great speaker and I love how she is able to stand up for the children especially when it comes to an issue that we are trying to improve. Obesity has become a very big problem in America and to have some one like Mrs. Obama stand up for this is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too find Mrs. Obama to be a great motivation speaker and I honestly feel her since of passion for what she talks about when she is speaking. The first lady has made a positive impact on the future of our children and for that I have the most respect for her. She is always well poised, but still human.
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diedra,
    How could I forget about Mrs. Obama? I agree that she has excellent communication skills. She delivers her speeches very well with ease. When she speaks, you can hear the passion she has for children.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diedra,

    I totally agree with choosing our first lady Mrs. Michelle Obama as a great example of being a great communicator. Her speeches empower me to keep going as an educator, she speaks with such power, grace and passion for our children. Great post. I look forward to growing with you during this course.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete