Sunday, October 9, 2016

Stage of team development: Adjourning

 
 
 When planning for our homecoming event, my group and I started off in a rough patch in the organizing. Through the disagreements and disregard of the opinions of others, we finally learned to gain of sense of trust and respect for one another, which helped this planning run more smooth with more dedicated teamwork. This two-day event turned out to be a great success, with complements from our older sorors, whom we made accommodations for. After the fun-filled weekend, our team celebrated our success Friday and Saturday as well, being that we had completed our task. When Sunday came, our team found it quite difficult to part ways, being that some of us lived in different towns and even states. We had done such a great job and created such a great bond through this process. Realizing that it was time to part ways, we all gathered in a circle, said a prayer and wished each other well. I imagine that I will adjourn from my colleagues in having the chance to finally meet them in person at our graduation, as we walk the stage and receive our master's degree in Early Childhood "In the "adjourning" stage the project is coming to an end and the team members are moving off into different directions." (Abudi,2010).  I've learned that adjourning is essential because it gives closure to all team members who have worked so hard, and does not leave such dedication un-recognized. Although I found it hard saying goodbye to my line-sisters, whom I worked so hard with, but then I remembered, I get the chance to experience this process again next year, but with more organization. :)

References:

Abudi, G. (2010). The five stages of team development: A case study. Retrieved from http://www.projectsmart.co.uk/the-five-stages-of-team-development-a-case-study.html

 



10 comments:

  1. Diedra,

    My hope for us as a team going through this master's program that we do get a chance to adjourn at our graduation. It is great we will can all meet in a common place and have our views heard and respected.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diedra,
    I believe adjourning is important, especially when it comes to our group. We have worked so hard to get where we are today. We need and deserve to have an enjoyable adjournment. I some ways, I think it will be hard to say goodbye because we have come a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diedra

    It sounds as if you made some great friends while working on the homecoming event. Now that there is bond between the team and you have the experience of planning the event this next year should be a breeze. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Diedra,

    Yes adjourning can be hard,but necessary. It is great that you can have something to look forward to ever year with great friends. Hopefully you guys can be better organized next homecoming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diedra,

    Thank you for sharing your personal experience about adjourning. I too struggled with the adjourning phase in a group I worked with. Those special bonds are memories you do not want to stop making. I look froward to meeting so many of you for the graduation ceremony! Celebration is extremely needed in life and when adjourning this occurs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Diedra,

    I always feel closer to those who make me work for their trust and friendship. Do you feel that having to work on the relationship to get your homecoming together made it that much harder to say goodbye?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to take a moment and thank you for your support through the past 8 weeks. It was always beneficial to read your posts, so I could learn and grow from you. I hope the comments I have left for you have also been worth while. I look forward to hearing more about your future work in the Early Childhood Program. If you ever need anything please feel free to email me at lmeyer@wabasha-kellogg.k12.mn.us

    Good Luck!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww... *tear. Thank you Laura. It really has been a joy working with you these 8 weeks. your comments have been very inspirational for me. I would love to hear from you in the future. My e-mail is: deepalmer1913@yahoo.com you may contact me anytime as well:)

      Delete
  8. Diedra,

    These past few weeks learning from my colleagues have been nothing short of amazing. I have enjoyed reading and learning from your blogs as well as your discussions. I wish you well throughout the Early Childhood Program. Thank you for all your supportive comments on my blogs and discussions. If you should need to contact me, do not hesitate to do so. Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diedra,

    I have enjoyed working with you during this course! During the past few weeks I have learned a lot from your insightful blog posts, discussions and comments. I wish you well and nothing but success in the rest of the program. I hope to have another course with you. Best wishes!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete