Sunday, October 2, 2016

Conflict & Resolution

 
 
     I can recall a time where I faced conflict on my job with a particular person. Although several others and I had the same job title as this person, it was as if she had the idea that only her methods to get a particular job done were effective and not ours and expected to always follow her lead and disregarded our opinions and suggestions. Time went on and I began to get slightly bothered by the lack of support and teamwork, I decided to speak out on it as others sat back. Instead of negatively responding to this co-worker, I politely explained to her that there are more than one way to complete a task effectively and reap the same results and it would be appreciated if she could to take the time to listen to our ideas as well in making a decision. After finally getting our co-working to take a chance at going with some of my co-workers and I, she realized that we came out competing a task just as effective as her, but with a different method. From then on, our co-worker became more open and respectful to our opinions and suggestions as well, which created more teamwork and a better relationship/partnership between us all, which left me feeling more comfortable and at ease on the job


3 comments:

  1. Hi Diedra

    Sometimes that is all it takes with certain people is for someone to speak up and be respectful. When a person comes at a person with attitude it makes it hard for them to listen. Not sure if this how she was approached earlier but maybe when you spoke to her she liked the way you were actually talking to her. When working with people like that I always tell myself to kill them with kindness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diedra,
    I am glad that you were able to work things out at your job. Sometimes it isn't how others treat us but how we react to certain situations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Evening,
    That is great that you were able to work it out with your coworker so you all could show your talent. It is hard especially for many "leaders" to let others have an opportunity to shine too. I think you talking with your coworker was a great way to show respect and still have a good working relationship. Having a stressful workplace sucks the fun out of going to work, which is where we spend most of our life!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete