Friday, March 17, 2017

Exploring Roles in the ECE Community: Local and State Levels

 
Organizations, or Communities of Practice or support of the Culturally and linguistic family
 
 


Responding to Linguistic and Cultural Diversity Recommendations for Effective Early Childhood Education
 
Supporting Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Families in Early Care Policies and Practice
 Diversity Toolkit - Mississippi Arts Commission
 Mississippi State Department of Health- Cultural and Linguistic Services
Supporting Linguistically and Culturally Diverse Learners in English Education
 
Unfortunately, most of the links to these programs are not actual organizations or communities of practice, but happen to offer great sources. as the NAEYC offers special services and information regarding culturally and linguistically diverse families, such as dealing with the issue at hand. The Mississippi State Department of Health happened to be one of my favorites, in which they offer services to culturally diverse families all through the state of Mississippi and each county divided into nine districts. For employment purposes, I read how there are employees who work as language translators for the non-English speakers. If I were to be fluent in speaking another language, I would definitely be interested in a position such as this.
 
The other links that I located were mostly resources that serve as guides on developing skills for the diverse families and the benefits that may possibly follow. This is the beginning of a long journey for me. I do not feel that I located the best resources for my project, however, I am still searching.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Diedra,
    Because I used to be the English speaker in a Head Start English/Spanish classroom, I am always glad to learn about more resources for the culturally and linguistically diverse! Thank you for these resources! You might want to check out TESOL.

    Here's the link: http://www.tesol.org/ It's international, so maybe you were saving it for a later blog.

    Good luck with your project!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deiedra,

    What a great post. I enjoyed reading you take on culture diversity. The organization or websites you provided will help anyone with their capstone project because culture diversity is a vital component within the early childhood field and the issues of challenges that come with it. will definitely will use this information beyond the course. Thank you for sharing the website and organizations that are appealing to you.

    ReplyDelete