Saturday, April 29, 2017

Time Well Spent!!

This program, as a whole has been such a great educational journey for me, rom the foundation of early childhood education, on down to the capstone project. I have had the pleasure of becoming familiar with some of the most insightful features that contribute to the making of early childhood. Understanding that Early Childhood programs cater to serving children and families with fair and equal treatment, Equity has become one that I have learned to take more consideration for, as that families should not be treated any different than the next, regardless of race, skin color, of background, which is what leads to another significant learning that has sparked my interest, in which I have carried throughout this course, Anti-bias education. Anti-bias education, is specifically for the use of disregarding biases in the early childhood field. My definition of bias is the attitudes of individuals that display prejudice and stereotyping of another individual simply because they are not willing to accept the difference of each other. I really enjoyed learning about anti-bias because I have realized how important it is to have such a practice in this field, which compliments equity and person Identity. Speaking of personal identity, which was another great learning for me in this program. As we all know that no two people are EXACTLY the same, we have the right do be comfortable with embracing our own personal identity, as well as giving and receiving respect from others and their personal identities. Learning about Microaggressions was also a great topic to learn about, whereas we as humans can oftentimes say offensives comments to individuals that focuses on their personal identity, race, culture, etc. There were many great topics that were touched on in this program and I hope to carry them with me long-term.


My long term goal is to keep searching for more sources in the childhood education field and learn more about one day being able to become an early childhood professional. Ultimately, I plan to one day put my goals into action one day and work towards my goal in my capstone project.

I have really enjoyed working with all of my fellow colleagues, you guys rocked!! Thank you for all of your help and support. Keep striving for success and move forward. Take care.

Special thanks to Dr. E, you are a true definition of a professor. Thank you very much for always being there when I needed your assistance. From the quick reply emails and the helpful tips throughout my discussions and applications. I wish you well and I am sure you will have this affect on your next group of students, take care.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment