Thursday, September 24, 2015

Words of Inspiration and Motivation

LYNDON B. JOHNSON


Here is a small clip of President Lyndon B. Johnson's State of the Union address declaring War on Poverty. Here Johnson explains the execution of plan to diminish poverty rates in America and methods to provide education and funding for families. I chose this particular clip because it perfectly exemplifies the procedures taken in the beginning of the Headstart program, one of Johnson's several programs in the War on Poverty.






T. BERRY BRAZELTON, M.D.
 
-Pediatrician who worked in the Health and Well-being sector of the early childhood field.


 "All adults who care about a baby will naturally be in competition for that baby.... Each adult wishes that he or she could do each job a bit more skillfully for the infant or small child than the other."-T. Berry Brazelton, M.D.




  "It was a joyful experience where I felt that everything in me was being called on to teach- and also, it was very rewarding, it just made me feel whole. It made me feel whole, it made me feel creative and so, it became my lifelong work, with early childhood education. and to make sure that all children were taught in enviornments and in ways that truly nurtured their ability to grow and develop to their fullest ability"-Louise Derman-Sparks
Professor Emeritus, Pacific Oak College, CA
 
 
 
 
 
REFERENCES
 
Video: Laureate Education, Inc. (2010). The passion for early childhood. Baltimore: Author.









3 comments:

  1. Education is lifelong work and very joyous. When I was a teacher in daycare it was a lot of fun for me. You were able to be very creative unlike the school system you have limitations. Children should be allowed to make tremendous gains and achieve their full potential as Ms. Sparks stated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy your quotes I liked the one about it was a joyful experiences where I felt etc because I can relate to it because educating children gives to me . Those was excellent quotes.

    ReplyDelete